Moonstone Horses have a livery facility in Kells, Northern Ireland, and also specialise in breeding Friesian horses. Owner, Mervyn Moon, wanted a website that would showcase this spectacular breed and the horses he has for sale, as well as ensure customers were aware of the livery services his facility had to offer.
The first step in creating this website was for me to find out as much as possible about how the business cares for horses, what distinguishes the Friesian breed, and what the business owner wanted to achieve through the website. This involved a few visits to the premises, where I got to meet many of the beautiful animals.
One of the most important aspects of this project was to ensure we had great images of the horses for the website, which involved hiring a fantastic local photographer, to make sure we were showing the animals off at their best! These photos paid for themselves many times over, as they have been used throughout the website, on the company’s Facebook page, and on the individual “For Sale” pages for each of the horses available.
The website has many features, including:
- A slidereel on the homepage, to direct visitors to pages with key information
- Information on the livery facilities available, including DIY and Full Care options
- A full gallery layout of the Friesian horses available for sale
- A section for Testimonials, which is very important among the breeder community
- A Latest News section to include information on shows attended, awards won, etc.
- A “quick access” Enquiry Form
- Facebook social media integration
- Opening hours, contact information and Useful Links in the footer
The website allowed for further sections to be added as the business grows, such as the provision of horses for Weddings and Funerals. The business owners also have the option of sending information to me regularly for me to update the website on their behalf, for a small fee.
Moonstone Horses now receive regular enquiries through their website, and Facebook page, have a fully occupied livery, and have seen direct sales increase as a result of their on-line marketing, including sales to the Republic of Ireland.
Have a project you’d like us to work on? Contact us to see how we can work together to make your business better!